Dakota Fanning is a Hollywood actress born on February 23, 1994 in Conyers Georgia, United States. Her acting genius really made her name on the movie stage. She also won several prestigious awards at a young age.
The acting ability of the actress who is now maturing is indeed above average. Well, this period Bacaterus has compiled some interesting movie titles for you to watch. What is the title? Let’s take a look at 10 successful Dakota Fanning films that have stolen the audience’s attention. Check out the list below!
I Am Sam
- Release year : 2001
- Genre: Drama
- Directed by: Jessie Nelson
- Actors: Sean Penn, Michelle Pfeiffer, Dakota Fanning
- Production company: New Line Cinema, Avery Pix, The Bedford Falls Company
I am Sam is a family drama released in 2001. The film that put his name in the Oscar nomination the same year has an extremely attractive plot.
Tells the story of a mentally retarded father, Sam Dawson (Sean Penn), who struggles to gain custody of his only daughter, Lucy (Dakota Fanning). With the help of a cold-hearted lawyer, Rita (Michelle Pfeiffer). They then tried their best to regain custody of Lucy.
How do they act when facing the court? The story of a father and son is filled with touching scenes that are a pity if you have to miss it. Therefore, it must be included in the list of certain must-see movies.
War of the Worlds
- Release year : 2005
- Genre: Adventure, Science Fiction, Horror
- Directed by: Steven Spielberg
- Actors: Tom Cruise, Dakota Fanning, Tim Robbins
- Production company: Paramount Pictures, DreamWorks, Amblin Entertainment
This sci-fi movie was released in 2005. War of the Worlds itself sparks the story of an extraterrestrial invasion of Earth. In this film, Dakota Fanning plays Rachel, the second child of Ray Ferrier (Tom Cruise).
After a mysterious terrorist attack hits the city where he lives. Ray and his two children then try to make their way to Boston to escape the ravaged aliens. A journey fraught with danger can certainly make the audience’s heart flutter.
Did Ray manage to bring his two kids to Boston? Steven Spielberg’s film, adapted from the 1897 novel HG Well, is actually quite interesting in terms of plot. If you don’t believe me, see the movie for yourself.
Man of Fire
- Release year : 2004
- Genre: Action, Crime, Drama
- Directed by: Tony Scott
- Actors: Denzel Washington, Christopher Walken, Dakota Fanning
- Production company: Fox 2000 Pictures, Regency Enterprises, New Regency Pictures
Man of Fire is the next Dakota movie you must see. The 2012 film tells the story of a bodyguard named Creasy (Denzel Washington), who is assigned to guard the son of a Mexican family corporation named Pita (Dakota Fanning).
After the girl was kidnapped. Creasy, who has a close relationship with the child then must try to save it. Has Creasy managed to save Pita from danger?
The crime drama that captures the audience’s attention is indeed not to be missed. Besides having an interesting plot. The acting quality of the two actors is also commendable.
- Release year : 2009
- Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Horror
- Directed by: Paul McGuigan
- Actors: Camilla Belle, Dakota Fanning, Chris Evans
- Production company: Summit Entertainment, Icon Productions, Infinity Features Entertainment
Push is a superhero-themed movie released in 2009. The film tells the story of Nick Gant (Chris Evans), a human with the power of mind. In between hiding from government owned institutions.
He must then save his lover, Kira (Camilla Belle) from the pursuit of The Division, a government organization whose mission is to collect superhumans to turn them into weapons of war.
With the help of a girl who can see the future, Cassie (Dakota Fanning). The two then try to find Kira before the organization. Will Nick and Cassie’s efforts succeed? So let’s not be curious to watch the movie live.
Hide and Seek
- Release year : 2005
- Genre: Drama, Horror, Mystery
- Directed by: John Polson
- Actors: Robert De Niro, Dakota Fanning, Famke Janssen
- Production company: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Josephson Entertainment
Hide and Seek is a horror movie that can get the audience’s adrenaline pumping. Tells the story of a mysterious persecution experienced by a family. After the tragic death of his wife, David (Robert DeNiro) and his son Emily (Dakota Fanning) finally decide to move house.
But problems begin to arise when Emily befriends a mysterious character named Charlie. They also often receive terrible horror. What happened to the family? Who is Charlie really? This old movie released in 2005 can be a delightful sight to accompany your weekend.
- Release year : 2010
- Genre : Biography, Drama, Music
- Directed by: Floria Sigismondi
- Actors: Kristen Stewart, Dakota Fanning, Michael Shannon
- Production company: River Road Entertainment, Linson Entertainment, Blackheart Films
The Runaways is a biopic about the legendary rock group The Runaways in the 70s. It all started when Joan Jett (Kristen Stewart) tried to form a girl band by recruiting some personnel.
Later, he is helped by his manager Kim Fowley (Michael Shannon) to find some other personnel. Dakota Fanning plays Cherie Currie, the lead vocalist of what is believed to be the world’s first girl band.
In this movie, you can see The Runaways in action as they begin their careers. For those of you curious about what Dakota Fanning looks like as a singer. Better watch the movie.
Very Good Girls
- Release year : 2013
- Genre: Drama, Romance
- Directed by: Naomi Foner
- Actors: Dakota Fanning, Elizabeth Olsen, Sterling Jones
- Production company : Herrick Entertainment, Groundswell Productions
The 2013 film tells the story of two best friends, Lilly (Dakota Fanning) and Gerry (Elizabeth Olsen). The two are good friends who always do things together. Conflict between them begins to arise when they both like the same man. Their loyalty as a friend was finally threatened.
Elevate the teen romance theme as a plot. This romantic drama with the romance of a love triangle is really fun to watch. Let’s know more about this movie. You’d better watch the movie yourself.
Now Is Good
- Release year : 2012
- Genre: Drama, Romance
- Directed by: Ol Parker
- Actors: Dakota Fanning, Josef Altin, Jeremy Irvine
- Production companies: Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE), BBC Films, British Film Institute (BFI)
Now Is Good is a movie adapted from a novel called ‘Before I die’. The film is about a girl with blood cancer named Tessa (Dakota Fanning). Realize that your life won’t be long. Tessa then made a list of crazy things she would do before she died.
His meeting with Adam, a neighbor who liked him for the first time has made his life a little better even though he is still learning how to get rid of his fear of death.
This drama with the theme of a cancer patient can really move the audience. If you do not believe. You can watch the movie yourself!
- Release year : 2008
- Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Romance
- Directed by: Catherine Hardwicke
- Actors: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Billy Burke
- Production company: Summit Entertainment, Temple Hill Entertainment, Maverick Films
For those who love the Twilight series, you’re probably too familiar with the image of Jane (Dakota Fanning), a member of the Volturi vampire clan with the power to penetrate the mind. His presence as a Villain in the Cullen family really caught the attention of fans.
Unlike the previous Dakota movies. In this film, Jane is more brutal with the power she has. Jane herself is an important character who often becomes a dangerous threat to the protagonist in the series.
Twilight Saga itself has been a vampire series that has captured the world’s attention from the moment it was released. For those who love vampire movies, watching this one is a must.
- Release year : 2014
- Genre: Biography, Drama, Romance
- Directed by: Richard Laxton
- Actors: Dakota Fanning, Greg Wise, Tom Sturridge
- Production company : Sovereign Films (II)
Effie Gray is a film about the life of a Scottish nobleman named Euphemia “Effie” Gray (Dakota Fanning). Marrying without romantic feelings is what it seems as Effie must form a conjugal relationship with London art critic and historian John Ruskin (Tom Sturridge) in the 1850s.
Effie’s encounter with John Millais, her husband’s former student, makes life more complicated for a Victorian woman. How did this movie based on a true story in the UK end? Well, find out the answer by watching the movie.
Those are 10 Dakota Fanning movies that have succeeded in stealing the audience’s attention that Bacaterus has put together for you. Hopefully it can be an interesting spectacle reference over the weekend.