Hounddog (2007) is the first film by Isabelle Fuhrman. Despite being very young when she first started acting, Isabelle did not shy away from the dark film genre.
As proof, Isabelle immediately became the main antagonist in the movie Orphan 2 years later, where she became the evil ‘adopted child’. Although she was only 10 years old when she played the character of Esther, she was able to portray her character very well.
Isabelle also increased the ranking of the first box office film The Hunger Games. She plays the character Clove, a tribute that competes with the main character, Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence).
In addition to being busy acting in dramas and movies at the same time, Isabelle is also thinking about her future studies, you know! She attended Los Angeles’ prestigious school, Buckley School.
Isabelle also attended the Royal Shakespeare Academy of Dramatic Art’s Contemporary Course. To support her education, Isabelle enrolled in Stanford University’s OHS EPGY program until her graduation in 2015.
Isabelle also started her own production company in 2019, her company name is WHAT IF? Manufacturing. So, in addition to her role as an actress, Isabelle also developed herself to become a writer and producer. Rub ! Want to know what are the best Isabelle Fuhrman movies? Bacaterus collected them here.
- Release year: 2021
- Genre: Horror
- Produce: Picture Movers Anonymous, H2L Media Group
- Directed by: Lauren Hadaway
- Actors: Isabelle Fuhrman, Amy Forsyth, Dilone, Jonathan Cherry, Kate Drummond
Isabelle’s most recent award was Best Actress from a US Narrative Film 2021 at the Tribeca Film Festival. All thanks to the movie The Novice. His performance was explosive in the film that also won Best Narrated American Film at Tribeca 2021. Yes, this film and Isabelle’s excellent performance received critical acclaim and award echo.
Isabelle Fuhrman plays Alex Dall, a quirky student who just joins her college rowing team. He is very ambitious to be the best, win the competition and keep his scholarship.
Not only doing her best, but Isabelle also did other things. To get the body fit for the movie’s purpose, Isabelle had to go through an intensive exercise regimen. He also tries to increase muscle mass by 10 pounds (4.5 kg). Total!
- Release year: 2009
- Genre: Psychological, Thriller, Horror
- Production: Dark Castle Entertainment, Appian Way Productions, Studio Babelberg Motion Pictures, StudioCanal
- Directed by: Jaume Collet-Serra
- Actors: Isabelle Fuhrman, Vera Farmiga, Peter Sarsgaard, CCH Pounder, Jimmy Bennett
- Related movies: Orphan: First Kill [prequel, coming soon]
I watched this movie when I was in high school and still remember it to this day even though I am an adult. This movie has a great impact. Entertaining, but also has a controversial side. You can read more about this movie at the link above.
The crux of the story is when the Coleman family lost their oldest child because Kate, his wife, had a miscarriage. They then adopt a child to deal with Kate’s depression.
However, the child they adopted was rather strange. Esther (Isabelle Fuhrman) has a bad attitude and sometimes behaves like an adult. What really happened to Esther?
There is a prequel to this movie coming soon, namely Orphan: First Kill. Returning to Isabelle as Esther, this film puts the best makeup artist in the world able to restore Isabelle’s face to the way it was when she was a child. This film will tell the story of Esther’s beginnings before being adopted by the Coleman family. Wow, so curious about the movie!
The Hunger Games
- Release year: 2012
- Genre: Science Fiction, Dystopian, Action
- Produce: Lionsgate, Color Force
- Directed by: Gary Ross
- Actors: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Woody Harrelson, Elizabeth Banks, Lenny Kravitz, Stanley Tucci, Donald Sutherland, Alexander Ludwig, Isabelle Fuhrman, Jacqueline Emerson, Leven Rambin
This movie is set after the apocalypse. Where every year the government asks people living in District 12 to send tributes (representatives) of two minors in a deadly competition called the Hunger Games. Then a pair of young men aged 12-18 are gathered in the arena and must do whatever it takes to survive.
One of the tributes is Isabelle Fuhrman, who plays Clove. Her eleventh villain role in this movie reminds me of Isabelle’s Esther in Orphan. The vibes are the same, the same cowardice. Seems like Isabelle plays this genre very well, doesn’t she?
- Release year: 2016
- Genre: Drama
- Production: Sorrento Productions, Canosa Productions, Meridian Content
- Directed by: Minhal Baig
- Actors: Anna Camp, Justin Chatwin, Isabelle Fuhrman, Kyle Allen, Roshon Fegan, Kelli Berglund, Evan Hofer, Alexander Roberts
One Night a.k.a. 1 Night is a teen melodrama full of romance. The cast includes Anna Camp, Justin Chatwin, Isabelle Fuhrman, and Kyle Allen.
Isabelle plays Bea. He is close again with his childhood friend named Andy. They have different ‘social status’, however, in 1 night, their relationship changes.
- Release year: 2020
- Genre: Drama, Horror
- Produce: Full Moon Films NY
- Directed by: Deborah Kampmeier
- Actors: Isabelle Fuhrman, Tarek Bishara, Isabella Pisacane, Eve Austin, Allison Winn
Isabelle Fuhrman plays the alias Pearl. This film is based on real events and is set in New York City. TAPE tells the story of two aspiring actresses confronting the dark side of the entertainment industry.
The main star is Rosa (played by Annarosa Mudd), an actress who specializes in extreme actions such as stabbing her tongue, slashing her wrists, and shaving her head.
All he does as a ‘rite of tribute’ to Lavinia Shakespeare from Titus Andronicus. Rosa even secretly planted a hidden camera on her body as well as in a dark studio!
As if that wasn’t enough, Rosa begins stalking another actress, Pearl (Isabelle Fuhrman). Because of Pearl, he identifies as the next ‘guard’ of the successful producer, Lux (Tarek Bishara).
- Release year: 2016
- Genre: Comedy, Drama, Family, History
- Manufacturing: –
- Directed by: Kevin Connolly
- Actors: Liana Liberato, Isabelle Fuhrman, Josh Lucas, Luke Wilson, Joel Courtney, Jessica Alba
In a small California town in 1962, Caroline Potter will talk to her hero, former first lady Eleanor Roosevelt. However, he died in a car crash on the very day Marilyn Monroe died, and his daughter Ellie (Liana Liberato) blames herself for it.
Dear Eleanor has a plot that follows two teenage girls who travel across America.
All the Wilderness
- Release year: 2014
- Genre: Drama
- Producer: Super Crispy Entertainment, Grizzly Kamp Camp
- Directed by: Michael Johnson
- Actors: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Isabelle Fuhrman, Danny DeVito, Virginia Madsen, Evan Ross
His next film was All the Wilderness, where Kodi Smit-McPhee played James Charm and Isabelle Fuhrman as Val. James recently lost his father and he is having a hard time dealing with his grief. He also seems to be haunted by human and animal death.
Because of this as well as other psychological problems, his mother sent James to Dr. Pembry, but he won’t. James eventually befriends a street musician and spends nights on the city streets.
- Release year:
- Genre: Drama
- Produce: Daryl Prince Productions
- Directed by: Tjardus Greidanus
- Actors: Martin Henderson, Isabelle Fuhrman, Max Martini, Kimberly Elise, Shawn Pyfrom
In the film about this journey, Isabelle plays the character of Danni Frost. He is a 16 year old ‘on the run’.
He is searching for his biological father, whom he has never known before. So he asked a homeless man (who turned out to be also a fugitive) to take him across the country to find his father.
Don’t Let Me Go
- Release year: 2013
- Genre: Fantasy, Horror
- Produce: Smile Production
- Directed by: Giorgio Serafini
- Actors: Joel Courtney, Isabelle Fuhrman, Natalia Dyer, LaDon Drummond, Mariel Alliata Bronner, Trace Adkins, James LeGros, Peter Bogdanovich
Judging from the title, this movie is like a melodrama. However, this movie turned out to be in the horror genre, you know! In addition to the title Don’t Let Me Go, the film starring Joel and Isabelle is also known as The Healer and The Between.
Chris is a terminally ill father and is about to undergo a potentially life-threatening surgery. He also takes his teenage children into the woods to try to find their closeness again, because after he and his wife divorced, everything changed.
However, the three of them are sucked into a supernatural adventure where only Chris has the power to control their fate. Because, apparently, Chris is the ‘Healer’.
Lost in a haunted forest from which there seems to be no escape but death, this touching and sensitive film tells a beautiful story of tragedy and resilience of a family.
The Last Thing Mary Saw
- Release year: 2021
- Genre: Drama, Horror, Thriller
- Production: Intrinsic Value Film, Arachnid Film
- Directed by: Edoardo Vitaletti
- Actors: Isabelle Fuhrman, Rory Culkin, Stefanie Scott, Shane Coffey, Carolyn McCormick
This is a horror movie coming out in 2021. With Isabelle as the main character, The Last Thing Mary Saw is set in the winter of 1843.
Where a young woman is being investigated after the mysterious death of her mother, as her mother is the head of her family. Eleanor has memories of that event, which will shed new light on the tragedy that happened.
Although she looks exactly like the dark characters, it’s clear that Isabelle can play cheerful roles well. This proves how multi-talented the girl is! Are you a fan of Isabelle? Which movie do you always remember until now?